Monday, September 7, 2009

Blue Skies

Today was a good day, for the most part.

I had French first, which is still my favorite class. Our assignments are really abstract and creative, I like it. There is a break after every two hours (I don't think it's actually an hour but their equivalent to a period or block. I really don't know how long it is though.) and today at the first break, my friends told me that if I wanted to learn French, then I had to talk more. Ya, easier said then done. I really wish I could talk more but most the time I can't even keep up with their conversations. It made me feel kind of bad, I think I'm annoying them by following them around. haha. I always try to answer their questions but I don't know how they can expect me to jump in when they talk too fast for me to comprehend! Whatever, I guess in time it'll get better...

In my second class, geography, an Angel came to me. An angel, in the form of half-American, half-Belgian Johanna! Who knew this whole time, while I'm struggling in my classes, that there is this girl who is fluent in English in all of my classes!? Anyway, we were partners in geography but mainly we just got to know each other. It really is amazing how quickly two people can become friends when they are speaking the same language. It's something I will never take for granted again. So anyway, she is really nice and I had lunch with her and her friends. They are nice too. I talked to them a lot more than my other friends. Yes, it was in some hybrid form of French/English, but communication none the less. In the end, I talked the most with Johanna and her one of her freinds. We talked about school in Belgium, school in America, boys in America and Belgium, swear words, etc. It was fun trying to explain marching band to them and telling them that people don't actually get shoved in lockers like in the movies. I think that they're going to be some of my close friends. All in all, today was a success in the social department.

But after school, that is another story. I went with Amandine to talk to the director (principal) to see what I was supposed to do during English class, from which I am being booted. Our meeting was very confusing and to be honest, I'm not excited about my new schedule. Of my 4 hours of English that I had per week, we only got rid of one of them. Which doesn't make sense because I thought that was the purpose of the alteration in the first place. Instead of geography, biology, math (or half of math, I don't know how that's going to work) and PE (which I was actually looking forward to) I now have more French, but with 3rd years (freshmen). I don't mind being with younger kids, they're probably more at my level anyway, but I actually wanted to stay in those classes! So here's my schedule for the next week(it changes every week):

Monday:
-2 hours French (6th year)
-2 hours French (3rd year)
-1 hour Religion
-1 hour History

Tuesday:
-2 hours Spanish (Very excited for this!)
-2 hours of unresolved English class? I'll probably just end up being in a study hall.
-2 hours French (3rd year)

Wendesday:
- 2 hours French (3rd year)

Thursday:
-2 hours Spanish
-1 hour French (3rd year)
-1 hour History
-2 hours Chemistry

Friday:
-2 hours French (6th year)
-2 hours Math
-1 hour French (3rd year)
-1 hour of yet more unresolved English class...
-2 hours religion.

Are you getting this? 12 hours of French per week? This is crazy!!

I'm feeling pretty optimistic right now though. I had a good talk with Katie last night and she helped me a lot, with a lot of things. Hopefully my motivation sticks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment