Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Last day of Summer...

The last few days have been pretty slow. So I have no real news other than that I start school tomorrow! I'm a little terrified (ok, a lot!) but I'm keepin' my chin up. 

Let's see... I started reading Harry Potter in French! I'm pretty excited about that. Even though I can only get through about 10 pages or so before my head starts to hurt. I can understand it for the most part but every so often I come across a sentence that I don't understand at all and can't figure out! That's where the  dictionary comes in handy. I know you're supposed to try to use contextual clues to figure the words out but it's kind of hard when you don't know any of the nouns, vowels or adjectives in the sentence! I think I'm getting better though, and my goal is to get through all of them before the year is up. haha, ok, It's a little pathetic that my literary goal is to complete the Harry Potter series, but hey, I'm learning! Hopefully someday I'll be able to read true French literature it it's original context...that'll be cool.

I also downloaded Noah and the Whale's new EP on iTunes today... which is good. And then downloaded a song from their upcoming album from their website. I'm pretty excited for it. I still can't listen to 5 Years Time all the way through but I'm working on it...
I've been checking up on some of my favorite bands tours and as far as I can see, none of them are coming through Belgium. It's weird, when I was in Salem, it seemed like they were always in Brussels but now that I'm half an hour away they've decided not to come! Pourquoi? Je ne sais pas. Hopefully I'll be able to go to at least one concert while I'm here, they can't avoid me forever!

Anyways, it rained pretty much all day. I didn't really mind, it was still pleasant. My host sister says that's what the next 10 months are going to be like. What do I say? Bring it on.



Oh ya, almost forgot....FUN FACT:
In French, instead of "Where's Waldo", they have "Où est Charlie?". Interesting....


No comments:

Post a Comment