Friday, September 18, 2009

One month.

Wow. I have been here for a whole month now. The time really did fly by.
Here's a quick recap: I got here. I liked it. I met my host family. I like them. I went to school. I liked it. I didn't like it. I made friends. I liked it again. I didn't like it. I made more friends. I liked school again. My french is terrible and my classes were hard. I didn't like school. Now I like school again? haha. Yes, this month has had a lot of ups and downs but over-all I think it has been productive.

I think my French may be improving. Only a little though. haha. What I could use is a confidence boost, it's way harder to speak French with native French speakers than at home in French class. Who knew? But at this point, I think I'm at a plateau: I can understand most things when I'm reading or when someone is speaking very slow and simply. Though during class when the teacher is lecturing or when I try to listen to other people's conversations it all just goes over my head. But I think in time, it'll become more clear....at least, that's what I've been telling myself. It's really hard now, but I can't wait until a few months from now. Things will be great!

So a lot of exciting things are happening all of the sudden....
(I'll list them chronologically)
-Tomorrow I'm going to Les Fetes de Wallonie with friends (I think I've already explained that in an earlier post?). I'm so excited! and guess what, it's supposed to be sunny! Yes!

-Next month I might start sports. Yes. There is no band here to consume all my free time! I actually really miss band though....But anyway, I'm thinking swimming (with my friend Johanna) and maybe badminton? Ok ok, badminton isn't really a "sport" but I love it and it's fun, so there!

-My mom and sister are coming to visit me in December! I'm so happy, I miss them so much and I can't wait to show them around!

-Ok, so you know how in April my class is going to go to Morocco? Well, my parents said YES! I don't think I need to elaborate why I'm excited-- I think the sentence "I'm going to Morocco." pretty much sums it up in itself.

-I've been applying for colleges and just thinking about it gets me so pumped! I think I've finally decided against art school...at least for the first few years of my higher education. I want the university experience and an opportunity to explore other interests.

So that's all I have planned but I'm just excited in general for what will come. I'm so glad I decided to do this! Yes, I'm in a good mood :)

2 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaaaaah! One month anniversary :) Haha. I can't believe you get to go to Morocco!! That's awesome! (Actually, I can't believe your school is even traveling that far... I think mine only does trips to big Euro cities...) I'm happy it's going so well for you :) Here's to another wonderful (up and down, I'm sure) 10 months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, i'm pretty pumped! I think most the other classes are just going to European cities but I guess since we're "seniors" we're going all out. haha.

    ReplyDelete