Sunday, September 6, 2009

I've got to admit it's getting better, a little better all the time.

So I've recovered from my little lapse of depression and am feelin' pretty good. 
School still sucks but at least I have friends now....kinda. There is this group of girls that have taken me in. We're not great friends but at least I'm never eating alone at school :)

A word of advice, whether you want to hear it or not: Always talk to the exchange students! Actually, this is more of a command than it is advice. But yes, ALWAYS! Because if you don't they will be depressed. They're not stuck up, they're just too scared to talk to you first! Seriously though, they're going through a lot and it makes things soooo much easier when you make the first move. I'm so lucky that people came to me first, it has made things so much better than they would be otherwise.

Aside from school, I went bowling yesterday! It was really fun actually. I did surprisingly well too. I've learned recently that I'm not bad at everything like I thought. A little bit of confidence really does go a long way. Who knew? So that's another life lesson I've learned so far.  Anyway it was Nicolas' (a friend of Amandine) birthday, and the party was oddly similar to those back home. I was expecting it to be a wild rave or something. haha. They do have those here, but not in that crowd, apparently. I was grateful though, because I am far more comfortable in non-rave settings anyway. After we went bowling, we went to see a movie and then we went to Nicolas' house for food and cake and just hanging out. It was a lot of fun, I'm really glad that I went.....and I actually have friends now! 




















FUN FACT: 
Poo, I had a good one, but now I can't remember!

2 comments:

  1. Guess who!!

    So, I've just read the last four posts (I've been falling behind) and I have to say that some parts really made me laugh. And I like the thing about confidence too ;) Anyhoo, I wanted you to know that there is also someone else who reads your 'Words From Afar' (I know you thought no one did...) and it's..... PATTI!!! Love ya.

    P.S. I like the page's make-over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Patti! (Sorry it took me so long! I just figured out today that there are comments on this thing!)

    ReplyDelete